Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Welcome

Thanks for visiting the Jean Rogers Haws Memorial Page. My name is Aimee Nolte, and I am Jean's granddaughter. I created this page to give tribute to one of the greatest women ever. My grandma passed away on December 9, 2001 and it has left a huge void in my life. I have been wishing that I asked her about more details of her life, and wishing even harder that I would've written down the things that she did tell me. One day, while thinking about Grandma's days in nurses' training, I remembered that she had kept a circle letter with all of her old roommates from that time. It occurred to me that if any of those women were still alive, I had better find out what they have to say about Grandma before any more priceless memories of her fade away forever. That is how this website started; with 8 phone calls to the women of the Emporia College Nurses' Training Class of 1944. I have never talked with such energetic 80 year-olds! These ladies are absolutely genuine, intelligent, and fun individuals. I loved talking with all of them and they had such wonderful things to say about Grandma. They called her "Jeannie" (almost all of them had cute nicknames). You can read what they had to say on the "Nursing Friends" section of this site. I decided to add other memories to the site as well. Included are Jean's Obituary, the memoirs that were read at her funeral (written by each of her children), and various memories that friends and family members have shared with me. If you wish to add to what you see here, please contact me. My contact information is under the "contact" link. I will be happy to include your memories of my wonderful grandma.

No comments: